Renee’s approach weaves together the geographies of the physical body, the knowings and longings of the heart, and the multiple dimensions of Spirit.
She works with those who wish to:
- Develop or restore a healthy and fluent relationship with their body
- Heal and transform their traumas
- Bring vital, creative energy and depth to their professional and personal relationships
- Cultivate their intuition and internal resources
- Disentangle themselves from limiting belief programs
- Learn and master their ability to attune their nervous systems and their energy fields
- Hone their leadership and communication skills
- Reconnect with their innate integrity and freedom
- Embody their unfolding purpose and unique truth
- Deepen and expand their co-creative relationship with Source
Perhaps you find yourself in these words.
If a client is interested in a particular modality, I’m very open to exploring that. However, because I work in an integrated manner, I don’t see my work compartmentalized into this or that modality. Sometimes we may start out with my client’s interest in body psychotherapy and end up flowing into a body-oriented past life integration session. Or, a client may come to me for EMDR and it is discovered that the more effective way to address their core issue is through an integration of meridian therapy and EMDR. Sometimes, though, it’s clear that one particular modality is the most (or equally) efficacious approach. This may be exactly what my client was interested in.
A little paradox: Though I just stated that I don’t operate out of one particular modality, there really is one mode I work with and from consistently. This mode or means is the vertical axis of Living Energy that is the Source of all intelligence, wisdom, and healing. Feeling into, embodying, and living in harmony and deep relationship with this Living Energy is, ultimately, what enables each of us to become our true and authentic self and participate wholly in life, taking full responsibility for our own evolution.
Click on the modality to read a description.
The more we live within and through our physicality, the more access we have to our innate intelligence. The language of the body speaks more authentically than does the thinking mind. When we learn to listen with the third ear (a phrase borrowed from Nietzsche’s Beyond Good and Evil) and the language of the felt sense (a term from Eugene Gendlin’s work, Focusing), we liberate a voice of truth and wisdom.
Embodied Meditation is the primary form of meditation I teach. It begins with Deep Grounding. There is no ‘effort’ on the part of the meditator, no mantra or image to focus on, no specific breathing pattern to adhere to. It is radically about getting out of one’s own way and allowing one’s self to be informed, expanded, enlightened, transformed. We become the embodiment of higher states of consciousness. As I’ve learned from my own teacher, if you want to ascend, the earth is your liberator.
While sometimes it’s best-suited as a stand-alone therapy, I typically integrate the bihemispheric stimulation component (through eye movements, bilateral sound or bilateral tapping) of EMDR into my work as a whole. Throughout the 12+ years I’ve been using EMDR, I use it with other approaches to facilitate and deepen relaxation, embodiment, creativity and performance, hypnotherapy, and meditative and expanded states of consciousness. EMDR offers powerful assistance in my approach to coaching, healing, personal growth, and spiritual development.
Reiki is a Japanese word for “universal life energy.” As a practitioner, I serve as a conduit for this abundant transformative energy. Reiki unites the ‘heavenly’ energy with the energy of the Earth (chi or qi). When I’m facilitating a Reiki session, the client and I attend first to relaxing and grounding, opening up a rich foundation for the Reiki session. There are specific Reiki healing frequencies that can address specific physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual needs and situations. The inclusion of Holy Fire Reiki brings forth what many experience as pure divine love. While I will intuit or be shown which frequencies are most appropriate for a client, it is ultimately my client’s higher being that knows best what my client needs. This is where it’s important for me to facilitate, not orchestrate, the session. A Reiki session usually takes place on the therapy table and may or may not involve physical contact. If a client isn’t comfortable with touch, then the session is done without it.
Core Training and Education
Renee’s life and work are guided and informed by her embodied meditation and spiritual practices that emerged during an awakening while she was obtaining a graduate theological degree at seminary in the 90s. Renee has gratefully trained and studied with skilled and gifted teachers and healers and continues to explore the synergies and multidimensional mysteries of the body, spirit, and mind. She is an initiate and student in the Sufi lineage of Pir-O-Murshid Inayat Khan, training with Murshida Sarah Weiss and SpiritHeal Institute.
- Certified EMDR Therapist (EMDRIA)
- Certified Hypnotherapist (Wellness Institute)
- Certified Past Life Therapist (Brian and Carol Weiss/Weiss Institute)
- Comprehensive Energy Psychology: biofield/meridian/chakra therapies (ACEP)
- Working with Physical Process (Gestalt Institute of Cleveland)
- Gestalt Training Program (Gestalt Institute of Cleveland)
- Holy Fire and Karuna Reiki Master Teacher (William Rand)
- Tibetan and Usui Reiki Master Teacher (Margaret Knapke; Glenda VanSlyke/Reiki Universe)
- Vipassana Meditation (Jacqueline Mandell/Insight Meditation Society)
- Andean Shamanism (Juan & Ivan Nuñez del Prado)
- Light Axis Meditation and Mysticism; Intuitive and Spiritual Healing (Sarah Weiss/SpiritHeal Institute)
- Initiate and Student, Sufi Lineage of Hazrat Inayat Khan and SpiritHeal Institute
- BA Mass Communication/Business (University of Michigan)
- MA Theological Studies (United Theological Seminary)
- MSW Clinical Social Work (University of Cincinnati)
Subscribe to Renee's Newsletter
Receive updates about events, blog posts, and new meditations.